Sunday, April 22, 2018

Review: Unfortunate Souls

Unfortunate Souls Unfortunate Souls by Jade M. Phillips
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

My name is Ruby Carter. I was a normal teenage girl who only wanted what every other teenage girl wanted- love and acceptance. But when my parents revealed a painful secret I couldn’t accept, and my boyfriend broke up with me the night before my eighteenth birthday, I turned into something beyond average. Betrayed and broken, I tore off in my car, into the storm, and straight toward my death. I was sucked into a dark and terrifying world I never knew existed, changing my life forever. That’s when I met him… 

My name is Guy Stone. I’ve been told I have no heart- a cold, ruthless killer. And I liked the perception others gave me for it allowed me to shut out my past and focus on hunting down every last Unfortunate Soul, seeking my revenge. But the night I found her lying amongst the flames of the battle, helpless and confused, I caved, finding myself drawn to her dark innocence, unable to follow the rules. And by that one decision, not only did my life change forever, but I found myself falling for the one thing I despised the most: A vampire. My enemy. An Unfortunate Soul. 

This book is recommended for ages 14 and up.

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: The cover on this book is beautiful. The title doesn't tell the reader much ahead of time but does fit once you read the book.

Characters:Ruby is an interesting person. Not your typical vampire for sure. I like that Guy is very open-minded.

Plot: Ruby's whole world is crashing in around her. Understandably upset, she drives off in a storm and crashes. She wakes up and finds herself confused and changing. This is where Guy steps in and they need to think about the future.

Overall: An interesting vampire tale. It is definitely an interesting start to the series and I am looking forward to reading more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment