Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Review: Un-Fur-tunate Events

Un-Fur-tunate Events Un-Fur-tunate Events by Nancy C. Davis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

If you love exciting tales involving cats, you will enjoy this cat cozy mystery series

All are welcome to the new Harvest Home Cat Sanctuary. Vanessa Abbot hoped to leave her sleuthing past behind and build a life of tranquility and calm at their new country home. But murder and intrigue follow them there when the first visitors prove to be more than they appear. A serene picnic turns deadly as the competing personalities find the only way to resolve their differences are with murder. Vanessa, Henry, and the others must work with their old friend Detective Pete Wheeler to unravel the mystery. Can they reveal the truth behind the crime before the killer escapes?
This is the fourth book in the popular Vanessa Abbot Cat Protection League Series. 

My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: I am an animal lover and I love titles that play on words so this book called out to me.

Characters: There really are not a lot of characters in this book. Vanessa is ok but I haven't read the previous books so I didn't have the background info I am assuming was provided in book 1. I do know she loves cats and can talk to them. Yep, a bonafide cat-whisperer.

Plot: So Vanessa gets some surprise visitors to the cat sanctuary. During their picnic, a tragic death occurs and the cats come to the rescue to scavenge clues.

Overall: This was a cute little mystery. I love that the cats are the stars of this show. They put their adorableness to good use. I think the clues were a bit easy to follow and I figured it out the killer before Vanessa did. It was an entertaining way to spend a couple hours.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment