Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Review: Reckless Magic

Reckless Magic Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Book #1 in the Amazon Best-Selling Star-Crossed Series 

16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. She can't seem to stop herself from closing them down. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and the last private school willing to accept her. 

She is focused on just getting through graduation until she realizes Kingsley is not like the other private schools she's been to. The students may be different, but so is she. And after meeting Kiran Kendrick, the boy who won't leave her alone and seems to be the source of all her problems, she is suddenly in a world that feels more make-believe than reality. 

To top it off, she is being hunted by men who want to kill Kiran and her best friend Lilly is taken away to a foreign prison. Eden finds herself right in the middle of an ancient war, threatening everything she loves. She alone has to find a way to save her best friend and the boy who has captivated her heart. 

Reckless Magic is an intricate story about mystery, adventure, magic and forbidden love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine determined to save the world and be with her one, true love before it's too late.

My Thoughts:

Title/Cover: Although the cover is very pretty, the title is what drew me in. I love books with magic in them.

Characters: Eden & Kiran are definitely my favorites here. Avalon did kind of annoy me. I found it arrogant that he thought he could just show up one day and start being bossy. Even after figuring out who he was, it didn't make it any better.

Plot: Eden started a new school after another one of her "little" accidents. She meets Kiran, whom she finds irresistible. Then Avalon shows up and starts bossing her around. Stuck between the people she cares about, Eden has to make a decision based on what she feels is right.

Overall: I absolutely loved this book and I have so many questions. I will definitely be reading book 2.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment