Thursday, March 1, 2018

Review: The Gender Game

The Gender Game The Gender Game by Bella Forrest
My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Synopsis:


PREPARE TO ENTER AN ALL-NEW WORLD...

Bella Forrest introduces her non-Shade (and longest ever) novel!
______________________________

A toxic river divides nineteen-year-old Violet Bates's world by gender.
Women rule the East. Men rule the West.
Welcome to the lands of Matrus and Patrus...


Ever since the death of her mother, Violet's life has been shadowed by bad luck. Already a prisoner to her own nation, now after two unfortunate incidents resulting in womanslaughter, she has been sentenced to death.

But one decision could save her life.

One decision to enter the kingdom of Patrus, where men rule and women submit. 

Everything about the patriarchy defies Violet's identity, but she must sacrifice everything if she wishes to survive the forbidden kingdom... including forbidden love.

How much of yourself could you give up to keep yourself alive?


My Thoughts:


Cover/Title: I love that the cover & name fit the book perfectly.

Characters: I loved Violet and Viggo! I hope things work out for them later in the series. Lee seemed really odd the whole book.

Plot: It is a dystopian society in this book is divided. One half live with women in charge and the other half live with men in charge. It is definitely an odd society that I couldn't possibly imagine living in.

Overall: A very well written dystopian society. I was pulled into the story pretty quickly. I will definitely be reading book 2 in the near future.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment