Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Review: Twisted Magic

Twisted Magic Twisted Magic by Sharon Stevenson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

Torn between love and power, she must choose which rules her. 

Liv Black is a witch with limited powers and a tormented past. Rescued from an abusive relationship, she gives her trust to the man who saved her. As he helps her become a far more powerful witch than she’d ever dreamt possible, she begins to fall for him, but she can't help questioning his motives. 

Brody McIntosh comes from one of the richest families in White Oaks. His obsession with Liv has another name—love. Yet he knows he might never win her heart. The path he has pulled her onto is a dark one but, as her power grows, he knows there’s no turning back. 

Faced with the prospect of being powerless, or losing the man she can barely admit she loves, will Liv be able to face her fears and make the choice that will save her? 


My Thoughts:

Cover/Title: The name is actually what drew me to this book. I am a huge fan of paranormal books.

Characters: The characters were ok. They weren't horrible but but they also weren't very likable.

Plot: The plot was interesting. I like the new twist on how vampires are created.

Overall: I think my biggest problem was the pacing. It was a bit too slow. It really needed something more. I can't really place what is missing but it was missing something. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book but it had so much more potential.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment