Sunday, November 5, 2017

Review: The Stone Prince

The Stone Prince The Stone Prince by Gena Showalter
My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Synopsis:

A love as bright as the stars and enduring as stone…
Katie James is unlucky in love�so unlucky she's been reduced to kissing the marble statue in her own garden. But her luck changes when the statue warms to life in her arms�and turns out to be a hunk straight out of any woman's fantasy! Well, almost…Jorlan en Sarr hails from a distant planet and like all the other men Katie's known, he comes with a lot of baggage.
A cursed warrior with a lover's magic touch…
Entombed in his stony skin for centuries, Jorlan has been waiting for a maiden fair to break the spell. Yet this statuesque beauty with the will of an Amazon and kisses like flame is a far cry from the obedient damsels of Imperia. And though Jorlan is tempted to abandon all for the sake of Katie, unless he can convince her to give him her heart in two weeks' time, he'll be turned back to stone. And she'll be lost to him forever.

My Thoughts:


So I was looking for a book with a statue on the cover. I remembered a series I had started with statues that came to life and wanted to read one of those. Unfortunately, I couldn't remember the title or the author. A search only brought this book and other non-relevant items. I decided to give this a try since it seemed similar.

I am not disappointed. I really enjoyed this romance. In a way, it was 2 romances in 1 so that made it even more enjoyable. I loved the whole idea of star-crossed lovers, loving each other despite being from two different worlds. The beginning of the book had me laughing. I couldn't help but picture walking into a garden and seeing a woman fondling a statue. LOL!! Honestly, that pulled me into the story so much more than a boring beginning. I am not surprised at that though. Ms. Showalter is definitely one of my favorite authors (yeah I have a lot but she is pretty high up at the top of that list- I loved the White Rabbit Chronicles). It goes without saying that I will be reading more by this author.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment